Who We Are
The American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation is an international professional membership association of more than 2,200 physicians, investigators and other health care professionals from more than 45 countries.
What We Do
- Scholarly publications, including the renowned journal, Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation
- Clinical standards
- Patient access to care
- Recruitment of professionals to the field
- Identification and support for the work of young investigators
- Adoption of government policies and regulations helpful to advancing quality patient care
We help our members:
- Advance their skills and expertise in the field
- Stay on top of the latest developments
- Solicit expert counsel from their peers on challenging cases
- Find jobs and identify training opportunities
- Find highly qualified job candidates for their centers or organizations
- Network with — and learn from — the ASBMT community at meetings and events
- Get actively engaged through committees, special interest groups and the Corporate Council
In the early 1970s, only a few medical centers around the world performed stem cell transplants. As success rates improved and the practice expanded in the 1980s and 1990s, the need for a scientific and professional society dedicated to blood and marrow transplantation led to the establishment of ASBMT in 1993.
Our association has been instrumental in numerous advancements in blood and marrow transplantation, as well as the development of stem cell transplantation regulations and standards. In 1996, with the International Society for Cellular Therapy, we co-founded the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy, an accreditation program for BMT centers.
Driven by a clear purpose and governed by well-considered bylaws and effective leadership, ASBMT has grown from a few hundred members to more than 2,700. And today, numerous academic centers around the world have a transplant program.
ASBMT is the professional association dedicated to improving the application and success of blood and marrow transplantation and related cellular therapies.
ASBMT strives to be the leading organization promoting research, education and clinical practice in the field of blood and marrow transplantation and related cellular therapy.
ASBMT holds in highest regard:
- Comprehensive development and advancement of the field of blood and marrow transplantation
- Excellence in clinical care and treatment outcomes through standards for blood and marrow transplantation
- Innovative research to advance the science and clinical applications of other cellular therapies
- Rapid dissemination of basic and clinical BMT research findings within the medical field and to the general public
We want to hear your questions and suggestions! You can reach us in several ways.
Increase Your Exposure
ASBMT provides an unparalleled opportunity to reach thousands of BMT professionals worldwide. Check out our advertising and sponsorship options — guaranteed to increase your exposure in the BMT field.