HCT Survivorship Special Interest Group
Areej Al-Jawahri, MD
ASBMT Staff Liaison: Maureen Knight
The Special Interest Group (SIG) for hematopoietic cell transplant (HCT) survivorship provides a national and international forum for the exchange of ideas, educational initiatives, research agenda setting, conducting collaborative research and dissemination on issues of importance surrounding survivorship in HCT.
Membership in the Survivorship SIG is open to any ASBMT member. Non-ASBMT members can join under special circumstances. Diverse representation is preferred, including, but not limited to: physicians, allied health professionals, researchers, social workers, nurses, administrators, governmental and private payer team members, patients, and patient advocates. If you would like to join the SIG, it is encouraged that you be a member of the ASBMT. If you are not, begin by completing this ASBMT membership application. If you are already a member of ASBMT, send an email to email@example.com to join this SIG.
Duties of Members
Requests for Research Concepts
We are soliciting research proposals which may be presented for discussion and feedback during the 2018 Survivorship SIG meeting during the Tandem Meetings. To read more and apply, download this PDF.
- Number of members. Not less than three members and no more than 8 members.
- Term of members. Two-year term. May be re-appointed, with no term limits.
- Overlap of terms. Terms of members will overlap. Members will rotate off in a manner that allows continuity.
- Term start/stop. Terms will begin and end at the ASBMT annual meetings.
- Composition. Steering Committee members must be members of the SIG, with at least one member representing the CIBMTR Health Services Research Program. Diverse representation is preferred: geographic, racial, gender based, areas of expertise, size and type of the transplant program.
- Nominations. Inaugural appointments to the Steering Committee will be made by the ASBMT President, in part based on recommendations from the Medical Director of the National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP) Health Services Research Program and the Scientific Director/Co-Chairs of the CIBMTR Working Committee on Late Effects and Quality of Life. Subsequently, SIG members interested in serving as a leader will notify the Steering Committee, who will then forward a slate of proposed nominees through the Executive Director to the ASBMT President.
- The leadership of the Steering Committee will be a Chair, Chair-Elect and CIBMTR HSR Program representative with term of 2 years; leaders may be reappointed.
3. Steering Member Responsibilities
- Attend and actively participate in Steering Committee conference calls and other meetings at the request of the ASBMT Board of Directors.
- Complete committee assignments, including annual report on activities for ASBMT Board of Directors and CIBMTR leadership.
- Serve as resource for SIG members as well as members of other ASBMT SIGs.
Working Committees may be appointed by the Steering Committee to accomplish tasks and duties of the SIG. Committees will be evaluated by the Steering Committee annually.
Do you have questions on how other Centers are addressing Survivorship within their institutions? Would you like to share information on best practices? Are you interested in developing a strategy to better address Survivorship in the BMT Community?
The ASBMT Survivorship Listserv is available to all members to post questions, present ideas, and discuss current topics impacting the BMT Community. Members can communicate with the full membership of the Survivorship SIG by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have circulated a question/survey through the listserv, it is customary to tabulate the results and provide a final table of responses to the members of the listserv.
Note: The email address that is current in your ASBMT Membership record is the only address that is allowed access to the listserv. If you have changed your email address, please contact Ulyana Fenyn at email@example.com. To learn more about ListServs, click here.