FOCIS 2017 Features Dynamic, Cross-Disciplinary Program
ASBMT has partnered with the Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research (CIBMTR) to host an exciting Member Society symposium at the 17th Annual Meeting of the Federation of Clinical Immunology Societies (FOCIS 2017) on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at the Hilton Downtown Chicago Hotel on Michigan Avenue. ASBMT members are invited to attend. The FOCIS 2017 registration fee includes access to Member Society Symposia.
First held in 2001, the FOCIS Annual Meeting draws the best clinician scientists from around the world to participate in the scientific program, bringing together cutting-edge science from various disease fields related to clinical immunology.
The FOCIS approach to clinical immunology is unique, concentrating on breaking down clinical barriers between specialties and focusing on the shared pathologies of diseases and conditions. At FOCIS 2017, researchers and clinicians from over 40 disease and specialty-specific societies will unite to share knowledge across traditional disease borders, and identify commonalities between treatments and therapies that are life changing for those affected with immune-mediated diseases.
Why FOCIS 2017 is Right for You!
- Get Ahead: See the latest developments across immunology disciplines to uncover novel solutions to the challenges facing the transplantation community.
- Grow Your Knowledge: Three educational courses held before the meeting to fill your knowledge gaps, including Basic Immunology in Medicine, Computational Immunology, and the new Cancer Immunity and Immunotherapy course. Package registration rates are available!
- Network with Colleagues: FOCIS 2017 is large enough to draw leaders from across immunology disciplines, but small enough to actually network with them
- Great Location: The Hilton Downtown Chicago Hotel is minutes from many popular attractions, including the Shedd Aquarium, Millennium Park, Navy Pier, Magnificent Mile, and the Willis (Sears) Tower.
FOCIS is accepting late-breaking abstracts for programming at FOCIS 2017 until April 7, 2017. Travel awards are available to FOCIS members with top-scoring late-breaking posters -- up to a $500 value! Before submitting your abstract, become a FOCIS member to waive the $30 submission fee, receive a registration discount, and be eligible for the late-breaking travel award.
About the ASBMT Symposium at FOCIS 2017
Title: Immune Cells as Therapies
Date/Time: Wednesday, June 14, 12:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Chair: Marcela Maus, MD
- Stephan Grupp, MD, PhD
- Marcela Maus, MD
- Prasad Adusumilli, MD, FACS
- Sarah Nikiforow, MD, PhD
Stay ahead of the curve by making plans to attend FOCIS 2017. With an innovative lineup of topics and presenters, the FOCIS 2017 program has something for everyone! See you in Chicago! #FOCIS