We are no longer accepting Travel Grant applications for 2018 BMT Tandem Meetings.
Deadline for ASBMT 2018 Travel Grant Application Submissions: November 15, 2017
ASBMT will present fifteen (15) $500 travel grants to U.S./Canada-based fellows and two $750 travel grants to international fellows to attend the 2018 BMT Tandem Meetings, Feb. 21-25, in Salt Lake City, Utah. Travel grant winners will also receive the early registration rate for the meeting.
The grants will be awarded on a competitive basis to ASBMT In-Training Members who have submitted an abstract for the meeting.
Applications must be accompanied by letters of support from the applicant’s training program director and an ASBMT member. (If the training program director is an ASBMT member, one letter is acceptable.) Applicants must be:
- An ASBMT In-Training Member (or must have applied for membership by October 31, 2017)
- Enrolled in an accredited training program (including, but not limited to, in BMT, hematology/oncology, infectious diseases or immunology)
- Recommended in writing by an ASBMT member and by their training program director
- Listed as an author on an abstract accepted for the 2018 BMT Tandem Meetings
Preference will be given to applicants who do not have sufficient institutional or external funding to attend the Tandem Meetings.
Winners of a travel grant within the last three years are not eligible.
Applicants should provide the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Completed online submission form
- A one-page (maximum) personal statement, including:
- A description of current employment status
- A statement of financial need that indicates no other financial or external support for attendance
- A list of the applicant's scheduled activities at the Annual Meeting (e.g., presenting an oral or poster abstract, participating in a CIBMTR Working Committee), including the title and abstract number of proposal(s) that have been accepted
- A description of the applicant’s qualifications for an award, expected contributions to the Annual Meeting and anticipated benefits of attendance for scholarship and vocation
- A current curriculum vitae, preferably in the NIH Biographical Sketch format
- Letters of support from the applicant's training program director and an ASBMT member (if the training program director is an ASBMT member, one letter is acceptable.)
Applicants will be notified in early December 2017.
Travel grant winners will receive a discount code to apply when they register for the Tandem Meetings to receive the early registration rate, or will be issued a refund if they have already registered. Travel grant checks will be distributed at the conference registration desk on-site.
After the Tandem Meetings, travel grant winners may be asked to complete a survey about their contributions to the meeting and the benefits of the meeting to their scholarship and vocation.
Email us at email@example.com!