Application Deadline: November 2
The American Society of Blood and Marrow Transplantation is pleased to announce that it will award approximately 15 travel grants worth $500 each to US/Canada-based fellows and 2 travel grants worth $750 each to international fellows to attend the 2016 BMT Tandem Meetings, February 18 – 22 in Honolulu, Hawaii. Travel grant winners will also receive the early registration rate for the meeting.
The grants will be awarded on a competitive basis to ASBMT In-Training Members who have submitted an abstract for presentation at the meeting and consideration will be given to those who can show no other financial support from their institution. Applications must be accompanied by letters of support from the applicant’s training program director and an ASBMT member. If the training program director is an ASBMT member, one letter is acceptable. Applicants who have won a travel grant within the last 3 years will not be considered.
Applicants must be:
- An ASBMT member (or have applied for membership by October 31)
- Enrolled in an accredited training program including, but not limited to, BMT, hematology/oncology, infectious disease or immunology
- Recommended by an ASBMT member
- Recommended by a training program director
- Listed as an author on an abstract accepted to the 2016 BMT Tandem Meetings
Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate lack of access to sufficient institutional or external funding
Grants will not be given to individuals who have been awarded grants in the past three years.
Applicants should complete the online application form and submit their supplementary materials via email to Andrea King at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The online submission system will close on Monday, November 2, 2015, at 11:59 pm PT.
Applicants should be prepared to provide all of the following materials. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Completed online submission form
- A one-page max. personal statement including the following items:
- A description of current employment status
- A statement of financial need that indicates no other financial support to attend the meeting
- A list of scheduled activities at the Annual Meeting (e.g., presenting an oral or poster abstract, participating in a CIBMTR Working Committee), including the title and abstract number of any proposals that have been accepted
- Description of the applicant’s qualifications for an award, expected contributions to the Annual Meeting, and the anticipated benefits of attendance for scholarship and vocation
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) preferably in the NIH Biographical Sketch format.
- Letters of support from training program director and an ASBMT member. (If training program director is an ASBMT member, one letter is acceptable).
Applicants will be notified of the disposition of their application in late November or early December 2015.
Travel grant winners will receive a discount code to apply during the registration process to receive the early registration rate, or will be issued a refund if they have already registered. Checks will be distributed at the conference registration desk on-site.
Grant winners may be asked to fill out a post-Tandem Meetings survey about their contributions to the meeting and the benefits of attending for their scholarship and vocation.